The Student Journal of Race & Gender in Media is a journal published semi-annually by UnderstandMedia.com, a leading media education organization. The Journal aims to publish original research by undergraduate and graduate students about issues of race and gender in the media.
The debut issue of the Journal will be published in Spring 2013, with a submission deadline of December 15, 2012.
This issue of the Journal will not have a specific theme, but articles in the following area are welcome and encouraged:
- Racism or sexism in advertising.
- Portrayals of minority or female candidates in political news reporting.
- Racism or sexism in primetime television.
- Media’s depiction and/or coverage of women’s issues.
- Gender or racial stereotyping in professional sports.
For information about the journal see: http://www.understandmedia.com